If you are thinking about starting your college education, the best thing you can do is to learn more about everything related to universities such as how to choose a college, what courses to take and if online college courses are an option.
Here you can find a practical guide that will help you through the process of choosing a university and choosing the right university courses for you.
Also, you will find information about loans and scholarships, tips to get a scholarship and some advice in scholarships interviews.
Why is a university degree important?
A simple answer to that question would be: Opportunity
. Nowadays the only way to get a high-paying job is by having a degree since most employers believe that students with university degrees make the best employees because of their general and particular learned skills. In a constantly changing world people need a solid education to be able to face the growing professional demands.
Another important reason why to pursue a university career is the personal growth and development
. A person who is constantly required to think, experiment, learn and ask himself/herself questions, is a person that grows faster and in a more solid way that someone who didnīt go through the same process.
How do I choose a University course?
Choosing a university course is not as difficult as it may seem when you know your skills, interests and personality. A self assessment is possibly the best option to know the variety of careers that potentially meet your interests and talents. A career counselor or any other career development professional will help you go through a Self Assessment, but in case you are in a budget remember that there are several online tools that can also be used as well as library material available on the subject. Sometimes your nearest university offers public career counseling services to community members.
All in all, a university degree has a lot of benefits, from money to personal development but it can also be a fun and rewarding experience so get down to it!
- Yale University | New Haven, CT
- Harvard University | Cambridge, MA
- Princeton University | Princeton, NJ
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology | Cambridge, MA
- Stanford University | Stanford, CA
- Columbia University | New York, NY
- Dartmouth College | Hanover, NH
- California Institute of Technology | Pasadena, CA
- Duke University | Durham, NC
- Cornell University | Ithaca, NY
- Vanderbilt University | Nashville, TN
- University of Chicago | Chicago, IL
- Brown University | Providence, RI
- University of North Carolina--Chapel Hill | Chapel Hill, NC
- University of Pennsylvania | Philadelphia, PA
- Rice University | Houston, TX
- University of Notre Dame | Notre Dame, IN
- Emory University | Atlanta, GA
- Johns Hopkins University | Baltimore, MD
- Brigham Young University--Provo | Provo, UT
- Texas A&M University--College Station | College Station, TX
- Northwestern University | Evanston, IL
- Washington University in St. Louis | St. Louis, MO
- Georgetown University | Washington, DC
- University of California--San Diego | La Jolla, CA
- University of Rochester | Rochester, NY
- North Carolina State University--Raleigh | Raleigh, NC
Two important things to keep in mind before applying to university are the university choice and the university loan if required. Some serious research needs to be done before making up your mind.
You can find further information in our University Resources and University Loans pages. Information about University rankings, university scholarships, the admission calendar and tips for the admission interview are available.
Free tips and tricks on how to write an essay. Online help with how to do an essay in college, high school and university. Professional essay writing guidelines. For more info check this site